- Strategic development of Asia occupational health and safety program and strategy (e.g. guideline, best practices, etc.) to ensure health and safety program compliance with SABIC SHEM, government regulatory requirements, international standards and Responsible Care in Asia. ·
- Provide strategic leadership to assure implementation occupational health & safety policies, standards, and strategy (e.g. SHEM standards, best practices, etc.) in affiliate, SBUs and functions in Asia region.
- Evaluate and monitor regional Safety Performance Targets, performance reporting and recommend actions for improvement.
Develop and Maintain Health & Safety Strategy, program
- Develop regional occupational Health & safety policies, standards, and strategy to improve the safety culture and performance across region. ·
- Develop regional EHSS Culture improvement plan to meet SABIC culture objectives in line with global EHSS culture strategy. ·
- Facilitate alignment of occupational Health & safety best practices within the Pacific Region and sharing information on incident investigation of significant and high learning value accidents and advice on appropriate corrective actions. · - Develop and implement leading and lagging safety indicators and performance metrics for region and defining annual and long term regional performance targets; ·
- Monitor and analyze the Regional Safety performance targets and report the progress to the Regional EHSS Leader and regional manufacture leader ·
-Anticipate and review international protocols and program as applicable where there is an impact to Regional SABIC business. ·
- Provide supporting in synergizing SABIC safety policies, standards and strategy with international EHSS programs/protocols.
Act as Health & Safety SME to support EHSS program implementation
- Provide leadership and support to SABIC sites in the region where needed, including personal engagement and accountability, incident investigation and corrective action. ·
- Provide training and mentoring to site EHSS personnel on health & safety aspect, and EHSS Culture improvement. ·
- Evaluate and recommend new process technologies related Safety program management and performance improvement. ·
- Implementation of Security and Crisis Management programs in the regional level. Assist SBUs and/or facilities, as necessary with crisis management drills, exercises and actual events, as necessary. ·
- Provide leadership and advisory support to operation sites where needed, including assessment of security infrastructure and preparedness/readiness, incident investigation and corrective action. ·
- Perform facility audits, design and operating reviews of critical security infrastructure and control systems to determine if operation sites have appropriately implemented all applicable SABIC security standards relative to the nature of the operations and the corresponding risk profile. ·
- Lead and join Global EHS auditing of regional manufacturing, office and warehouse/distribution sites with respect to secure implementation, measure performance, and compliance with global SABIC safety policies and standards and applicable regulatory requirements.
Support business development activities
- Provide SMEs, support EHSS due diligence in new expansion projects, Acquisitions and Divestures, review capital projects.
- Bachelor Degree in Engineering (Mechanical/Chemical/Process Safety) or related science.
- Relevant professional affiliations and certification.
- 15+ years of professional experience.
- Petro or Chemical Industry operations or other diversified multi-national manufacturing operation, good experience within Manufacturing or process engineering role.
- Experience in application of occupational health & Safety, security requirements.
- EHSS auditing at site and regional level.
- Good knowledge of chemical or compounding manufacturing processes ·
- In depth knowledge of occupational health and safety standards and policies ·
- Ability to effectively monitor regulatory developments and industry trends ·
- High level of knowledge and understanding of SHEMS, EHSS Management Systems and their practical implementation ·
- A highly motivated, efficiency-oriented and organized individual, able to plan, implement and drive completion across a wide range of concurrent programs and commitments ·
- A sound decision maker, who takes action consistent with available facts, constraints and anticipated consequences. Identifies issues, obtains relevant information, relates and compares data from different sources, to identify optimum and where needed innovative solutions
- Strong interpersonal and influencing skills. Ability to effectively articulate judgment and advice, applied using strong influencing and interpersonal skills, combined with a sound understanding of differences in culture and regional aspirations, across a complex relationship matrix and fast moving organizational demands ·
- Strong quantitative & analytical skills ·
- Strong written & oral communication skills